Did you know that people can buy your products on your Instagram account without leaving your profile? Instagram Shopping is a tool that allows you to show and sell products through this social network. You still don't know how to use it? Find out here!
Instagram, besides being one of the most popular social networks, also represents a very powerful sales channel. According to IAB’s Social Networking Study 2022, Instagram has 1.4 billion users around the world and 26 million users in Spain alone. Moreover, in a survey commissioned by Facebook,, 83% of the people who participated stated that Instagram helps them discover new products thanks to its visual nature.
These figures demonstrate the great reach that this network can have. This is the reason why more and more brands and businesses are deciding to take advantage of their profiles to sell directly and not only to upload content and generate community. And how do they do it? With the Instagram feature: Instagram Shopping. Read on to learn more!
What is Instagram Shopping?
Instagram Shopping is a tool that allows brands and retailers to tag products in posts, in the feed and in stories. Product tagging is like tagging accounts and allows you to add interesting information for users, such as price, for example.
This functionality serves as a new sales channel, as it works as a direct gateway to your e-commerce. In addition, it is not only a sales solution, but also offers users a more complete experience to connect with your brand. Instagram Shopping has become so relevant as a tool that Instagram has decided to add the "Shop" option to the main menu of the platform.
How does Instagram Shopping work?
If you want to make use of Instagram Shopping you must comply with the following steps.
- Make sure your store has its own web domain.
- Have your Instagram account set up as a business or creator account and link it to a Facebook page.
- Set up a Business Manager account if you don't have one, as you will need it to set up your store in Commerce Manager.
- Set up your store from Commerce Manager, a supported platform or from Instagram itself.
- Add products to the store by linking your current product catalogue or creating another one.
- Finally, check that everything is correct and send your store to Instagram for review.
How to set up your store on Instagram?
- By tagging posts
When you upload a post to your SME's wall, tag your products just as you would tag a user on the platform. Simply choose, when tagging, the specific product from the catalogue and, when your followers see the post, they will be able to interact with it.
- Through tagging in stories
In the story format, product tagging is carried out from where the "stickers" functionality is added. Stories are a very important content, which will allow you to be agile and promote your products in a reactive way.
- Through the "Shop" menu
Here you will be able to upload your product catalogue and users will be able to know its price and other data to make the purchase.
Now that you know how to brand Instagram Shopping, we tell you the main advantages you will get by using this tool.
Advantages of implementing Instagram Shopping:
- It will allow you to increase your sales.
- Users will make purchases more easily and without leaving your Instagram profile.
- You will be able to analyse data in a more complete way.
- You will get more traffic to your website.
Tips to sell on Instagram Shopping:
Instagram Shopping is a very complete tool. However, we want to give you a series of tips to optimize results.
- Show the products as protagonists: make your products, their features and benefits stand out in the content you share. Make sure you describe them well and share posts with as much detail as possible.
- Partner with content creators: Instagram Shopping makes it easy to engage with content creators on the platform. They will be able to promote your brand's products by making direct conversions from the creator's own profile.
- Activate promotions with agility: Instagram allows you to respond quickly to trends or key moments in the calendar according to the generation of content, and therefore allows you to activate exclusive promotions on the platform according to the key moments mentioned.
We've told you what Instagram Shopping is, how to implement it and we've given you tips on how to use it efficiently. Now, it's up to you to decide if it makes sense for your SMB. After reading this post... are you ready to use Instagram Shopping?